Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Carbondale's Heroes



Carbondale's Heroes- I had a chance to visit one of Carbondale's Fire Department and this was actually  the first time I have been inside a fire department. 

They had a control room wherein they receive incoming calls for fire alerts. The Fire Dept. also serves as a house for the fire fighters. Most of them stay inside or even sleep in the dept. for 48 hours during their shifts and for me it needs a lot of passion for your job to do that. I was impressed to know that even during holidays the fire fighters would stay up late to receive calls or fire alerts. After the tour inside the department, the officers guided us on how to put on the fire uniforms or fire suits. As what i saw in Sabina's face it quite heavy with the oxygen tank and mask altogether. Who could imagine carrying that suit. They had three huge fire trucks with different tools that are useful for rescue and fighting fire. I am humbled to see and experience how these heroes live and inspire themselves when they battle fire and save lives for the City of Carbondale

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm taking up Bachelor of Science in Development Communication at West Visayas State University. I believe in public service and advocacy toward development. I am one of the Bayer Environmental Envoys for 2010 for my project Environmental Literacy for Children. Now I am currently in the SUSI program by AED held in Southern Illinois University Carbondale. I'm a fun and loving person. I always want the people around me to be comfortable. Sports- one of my best interest because of my energetic and outgoing personality. I'm always on the go when it comes to any sport and willing to try new stuff.